A month and a half into Spring and I finally feel like the remnants of a long winter have shifted.
What am I enjoying at the moment?
- A vibrant, nearly-11-month-old girl. Zoe loves people, is very curious, and has the sweetest smile in all the land!
- The warm, extended evenings. No longer do I feel that pressing anxiety of dinner preparations, bath and bed time. Everything feels easier in these warmer months.
- Our suburb. As a country-kid I never thought I’d grow to love living in the city, but I can’t get enough of this place. There’s a new shop to browse every day along King St, and the parks dotted between apartment blocks and terraces are absolute sanctuaries.
- Nights on the lounge watching movies with Izaac in instalments. I’m always too tired to make it through in one go.
- Planning for an overseas holiday we have at the end of the year.
- The college social life. End of year event planning is in full swing, Monday night BBQ’s have started and time spent in the playground pushing Zoe on the swing with the last of the day’s sun warming my back.
- Daydreaming about this old blog again. It’s been in winter hibernation mode too.